BEFORE YOUR STAY CHECKLIST
The health and safety of all pets visiting Doggy Day Out is our top priority. For this reason we require certain information to be submitted to us prior to your pets drop-off date.
- Complete and up-to-date vaccination records
- Our New Customer or Every Visit Form
- A confirmed reservation
Wilke Ridge Lane
- A leather or nylon collar with tags
- Current shot records must include:
- Rabies Vaccination
- Bordetella (Kennel Cough)-Booster every 6 months if administered intranasal or yearly if injectable
- Canine Influenza (H3N2) is highly recommended but no longer required as of January 1, 2017.
Dogs must currently be on prescription heartworm and flea prevention and have a negative fecal and heartworm test.
Note: All dogs over the age of six (6) months must be spayed or neutered, unless they are registered and are currently being campaigned as show or field trial dogs. Prior approval is required and no exceptions for females in heat will be made.
- Current shot records must include:
- Feline Rabies
- Cats must currently be on prescription heartworm and flea prevention
If your vet has a different vaccination protocol, please ask them to include a note stating their protocol with your vaccination paperwork.
Any pet arriving on the property with fleas will be treated at the owner’s expense.
We believe it is better not to change a diet regimen and will happily feed your pet's food from home at no extra cost. It is requested that food be brought in a sealed container or in pre-portioned "baggies".
- Please do not bring a scoop or cup.
- Should your pet require special items (elevated feeder or slow feed bowl) please feel free to bring those items with you.
- Upon request, we can provide our food at a rate of $3/day.
- For safety reasons, Doggy Day Out does not permit rawhide treats or rope toys of any kind.
Please provide at least 24 hours advance notice for cancellation of reservations. Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will be charged 50% of the total boarding stay
Holiday Cancellation Policy
We require 72 hours advance notice for cancellations of any reservation during the holidays of July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. Cancellations with less than 72 hours notice will be charged 50% of the total boarding stay.
Our office is closed to the public for pickup and drop off during the holidays listed below. Please rest assured our kennel technicians are on site taking care of your pets.
New Year's Day
Thanksgiving and Christmas reservations require a $50 per pet non-refundable deposit regardless of any cancellation notice. Deposits are deducted from the total boarding charges upon checkout.
The day prior to Thanksgiving, on Christmas Eve, and on New Year’s Eve Doggy Day Out closes at 2:00pm. The day after the above holidays, we will reopen at 10:00 am, unless it is a Sunday, in which case we will open at our regular time of 4:00 pm.
*Please note: daycare is often unavailable a few days prior to and after major holidays.
A word about recently adopted or rescued pets
First of all, congratulations! Thank you for saving the life of a pet in need. Many of us at Doggy Day Out are involved in rescue and have been for many years. Your newest family member will provide you with many happy memories.
In addition to our vaccination protocol, we require that all recently adopted, rescued, or shelter pets have been in their foster or forever home for a minimum of 2 weeks before coming to our facility. This gives your pet some time to acclimate to their new surroundings as well as allowing any illnesses to show outward symptoms that may have been incubating since leaving the shelter. The health and safety of all dogs and cats staying with us is our top priority.
*Prices and policies subject to change at any time without notice.